Monday, March 30, 2009

Japanese Books



















Isn't this book 'Zakka ka-do no tsukurikata' just divine! I love Japanese books! If you like Japanese craft books, you'll love Crafting Japanese.

Prefer to flick through a range of Japanese books in person? You might like to pop on over to Kinokuniya or if you are in Melbourne try Kangakanga. Better still, take the QF21 flight to Tokyo and visit Book 1st, Book 246, or for an oldie but a goodie try the 7th floor of Shibuya's Tower Records.

Want to visit these Tokyo stores but don't read or speak Nihongo? Don't fret! Just visit Superfuture and print yourself off some maps. Enjoy!

For more information about Tokyo's bookstores please click here and if Japanese Art and Design books are more your thing please click here.

Oh and I'm still finishing off my Tokyo Guide, but when it is finished I will be sure to post the link here and you can download for more Tokyo tips!

Love love
Hello Sandwich.
xxx

9 comments:

  1. I love Japanese craft books! Thank you for posting these, they are amazing. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible! I loved Superfuture when I was over there - so helpful and easy to navigate, too. Can't wait to see your Tokyo Guide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - be still my beating heart.... completely in LOVE! Looking forward to seeing your tokyo guide:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a big collection of Japanese craft books. I just can't stop buying them - they are so gorgeous. I can't wait to see your Tokyo guide! I want to get back there as soon as I can. You probably know this... there's also a Kinokuniya in Shinjuku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebo, what a gorgeous selection. I can't wait to see Tokyo through your eyes!

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Windy Days - Oh my goodness me too! I am also in love with your gorgeous blog! Thanks so much for visiting Hello Sandwich and making contact! I have added you to my links.

    Kate - Thank you so much. Oh yes how good is superfuture. I am never without a superfuture print out when I am in Tokyo! I will keep you posted about my Tokyo Guide!

    Little jane Street - you are so sweet! Aren't Japanese craft books just so delightful! So so beautiful! Thank you for stopping by Hello Sandwich.

    Lisa Tilse - Oh I want to see your collection! Isn't it hard to stop yourself buying them! eek! I never realise just how many I have bought until I am packing my hand luggage on the way home from Tokyo and its 14 kilograms worth of books! he he. Most of which are purchased from that amazing Kinokuniya in Shinjuku! When were you in Tokyo? xxx

    Little clever Gracie - I have a feeling you may have seen these images before! hehe! Thank you for saving them off the server for me! You little star! I think we should go to Tokyo together! Onegaishimasu!

    Love love
    Hello Sandwich
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love japanese craft books, i just wish i could read them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amy - thank you for your comment! How cute is your 'we make words' blog!?! amazing! I just love! Thank you for making contact!
    Love love
    Hello Sandwich
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!! found your blog today through daydream lily what a nice surprise, i have been living in japan for one year now and will love to see your tokyo guide more than any other ill stay tuned looking for it. So nice to now about your blog.

    ReplyDelete