Monday, May 11, 2009

Wenmin Li



If you are in the mood for some gorgeous drawings pop on into Paddington's Kudos Gallery to see Wenmin Li's exhibition. Wenmin's show 'Reaching Likeness Through Unlikeness' opens Tuesday 12th May from 5 - 7:30pm. I'll be there pouring drinks on the bar! So come along and say hi! :)

Lovely Wenmin and I became friends at COFA Art School and even travelled together when we were two of four postgraduate students selected to give a presentation about our artwork at the Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing. Wenmin is the most lovely person ever! And I am completely in love with her beautiful drawings and paper cut outs!

By the way, did you know COFA now has a blog!



7 comments:

  1. great work! I love the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria - yes I love the little details too! She also draws things like smells with little dotted lines! So cute!
    Love Love
    Hello Sandwich
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one, specially the violet colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wenmin's work is so gorgeous - so is she!

    I've come to believe that in Sydney 6 degrees of separation has become 2 or 3. Wenmin is a close friend of a good friend of mine... and here she is, a friend of yours. (my friend is Jo in COFA marketing - I'm sure you'd know her too)

    I'll try my best to get there tonight - I just love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wenmin! (I'm sorry I kept calling you wendy!) Your work is incredible.

    Thanks for sharing EB!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fanmakimaki - me too! The purple one is my favourite! Though I saw a gorgeous one tonight at the opening which was gigantic!

    Wow Lisa - it's a small world indeed! Isn't Wenmin just divine!

    Little Gracie - Thank you for your lovely comment. I think Wenmin wouldn't mind being called Wendy - anyway that's a really cute name too!

    Love Love
    Hello Sandwich
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wenmin,I'm Guocheng,so long time have not hear about you!
    today I through Google got some information,but I can't find your Email,so please contact with me ASAP!
    My email:cgc7210@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete