Friday, November 18, 2011

Pocket Tissue Case Workshop!

Photobucket

Hello Sandwiches,

These are some incredible pocket tissue cases the participants made at the Hello Sandwich Pocket Tissue Case sewing workshop at Shibaura House last night!


Photobucket

Everyone hard at work at Shibaura House.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I find it so inspiring meeting everyone at the workshops. People who attended last nights workshop included textile students, illustrators, gallery owners, hair+make artists, furniture designers, editors, editorial art directors, stationery shop owners, product designers and many other amazing people. It's always a buzz with conversation (when participants aren't so quiet from too much concentration that is!) between these creatives in both Japanese and English.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Boys come to the Sandwich workshops too! This was Kenji-san's first time hand sewing and he did such an amazing job. How cute is the fluoro green pom pom! お疲れ様けんじさん!


Photobucket

Photobucket

This cute Tote bag started off at Kanae-san's embroidery workshop!

Photobucket

This is cute Mami with her pocket tissue case...and oh. my. goodness...

Photobucket

...how cute are these cookie-look-alike brooches that Mami-chan made for me!!! I will wear them everyday! What a lovely surprise to receive such a beautiful handmade gift at the end of the workshop! ありがとうまみーちゃん!

I'll be having 4 more workshops at different locations (and also including one at Shibaura House) before Christmas so I hope you can pop on in to one! Details to follow.

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo




19 comments:

  1. I hope to come to a workshop when I move to Japan this next summer~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these all look impossibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, it looks like it was a successful workshop. :] How adorable are these pocket tissue cases! P.S. I thought the brooches were cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is so pretty! I feel like making one of those on my own now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great mix of people & creations! seriously hope i can attend one of your classes the next time i'm in tokyo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg too cute for words, i love the fun workshops you post about. why can't i find them here in california, or better yet, live in japan! i would definitely attend them! and that brooches look so yummy! hehe they really look like real cookies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh the workshop looked fun as always... and that cookie is so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♡ Sweet! Very creative. One man-to this extremely handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. From Girona (Barcelona), I say you Congratulations for this great workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how nice!
    i really enjoy your updates!
    you always create such nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a cute workshop to hold. Looks like a very industrious little group too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ebony san! The workshop looks really fun! It must be satisfying to bring a finished product home! Also nice to see that fox embroidery bag finished.. What an amazing student she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This workshop is so cute! Glad it went well and love all the finished products. I really thought those brooches were biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been dying to make those! Ever since I got Aranzi Aronzo's "Let's Make Cute Stuff" book! Once I get my hands on more fabric and lovely material that is. ^_^ Thank you for all of your amazing posts by the way. You really bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot believe I missed this by one day! They all look so adorable. I'll just have to come back to Tokyo again soon. I picked up a copy of handmade zakka and craft in shibuya, in love! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to attend one of those workshops ! i'm impressed by the pocket tissue case made by the boy, it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks so nice! And a great idea that - as you showed - even boys like to do; wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like so much fun!! I wish I could go!! www.zipperteeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete