Saturday, September 8, 2012

Printing at Harvest

Photobucket

It's been such a whirlwind tour in Australia that I haven't yet had a chance to show you the screen printing I did at Harvest!

The girls at Harvest helped me make this screen from a drawing of mine. We're calling the pattern 'rice' for now but some people have also mentioned it looks like watermelon seeds or sprinkles!

Photobucket

Photobucket

One day, I had the entire Harvest studio to myself and set up a giant row of tea towels ready to print with hot pink ink!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also printed up some paper (the second one from the right is a photocopy of the gorgeous pattern made by Harvest!). It will be fun to use this paper in my craft works soon!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The finished products hanging in the cute Harvest kitchen! Photobucket It was pretty fun to re-learn screen printing. I studied it at art school but most of the techniques for printing are now a faded memory. Thanks Harvest for this opportunity! You guys are ace!

I miss working at Harvest! An incredible way of life, printing and creating in gorgeous light and a beautiful big space. We can't forget the 'No Bloggers coffee' at the Brunswick East Project, and eating the same risotto almost everyday for two weeks straight! When I think about it, I can still hear the ding ding of the number 1 and 8 tram passing by...懐かし!

9 comments:

  1. oh very nice! :) i love harvest too! come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. madame sandwich...so nice to see our studio through your eyes...can't wait to have you back for another print session asap...em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like so much fun! Would love to try my hand at screen printing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love screen-printing ~ there's something very satisfying about doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! love love love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog always gives me the full passion of creation. thank you.

    ReplyDelete