Sunday, November 11, 2012

One Bag Three Ways

Photobucket

Hello Sandwiches!

I bought a stack of tiffany coloured tissue paper bags and have been playing around with a few ways to turn them into cute bags for gift wrapping. Maybe you could try it too with Christmas just around the corner?

If you can't find tissue paper bags, you could try using regular tissue paper doubled over and make into a bag using this gift bag tutorial. For each of these bags I scrunched the tissue paper a few times to create texture.



Photobucket


For this bag I 'double hemmed' the top of the bag and stuck some thick colourful string handles on with masking tape. Glue some cute ribbon to a large safety pin and them staple on some cute collage papers. Attach to your bag, add some fluoro green mini dot stickers and you're done :)
Photobucket

For this bag I added pink masking tape stripes, zig zag cardboard edges and a cardboard label.  The zig zag edges were actually a manila envelope that I recycled. It's fun to upcycle use whatever you have around you!

Photobucket


For this bag I took inspiration from the very beautiful work of Australian artist Kirra Jamison and used coloured paper and foil origami paper to make a small collage.

Photobucket

I hope you'll enjoy making some gift bags, too. If you're in need of some more gift wrapping tips for Christmas, don't forget my Gift Wrapping Zine PDF for $10. It's in English!

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Awww, these are so cute and creative!! I love the handles! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea. The first bag is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I am happy you could enjoy this post :)

      Delete
  3. these are something I will use for inspiration! so handy for gifts even holiday candies and treats. the crinkling of the paper really makes it look soft and friendly. greetings and love from the other side of the pacific looking west to the land of the rising sun!

    ReplyDelete