Saturday, July 28, 2012

mt School Shikoku

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello Sandwiches!

Last week I was in Shikoku for the mt school! The school was held at the super cute Umie cafe. I held three workshops there (the mt team put one one extra workshop because the intial two were sold out quickly because mt is so popular!) and mt also had a little Hello Sandwich craft exhibition with items made using mt.

Umie cafe is set by the water in a lovely ivy covered shed-like building. Each morning I would ride up from my hotel and park my car in the underneath section, walk up the mt taped stairs and get working on the workshops. It was pretty incredible for me to be travelling in beautiful Shikoku thanks to my favourite brand mt!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a lovely mt pop up shop filled with the complete range of mt tapes, but also selling some limited edition tapes and mt wrap. I stocked up on the shocking pink limited edition wrap!

Photobucket

It was a real surprise to me to have flown over from Tokyo, to this cute little town of Takamatsu, only to find my funny odango face on posters stuck up around the venue!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The cute mt van had also come along to the party!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Umie cafe had a very special mt school menu including this lovely pink freckle cake!

Photobucket

Down the road from Umie, the mt fun continued at Ao. The exhibition space here housed many works made using mt tape, a mt free station where you could freely use any of the mt tapes, and you could also order refreshing summer drinks including belinis and relax looking out at the sea view.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The little Hello Sandwich x mt exhibition showcase.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The mt free station was always packed with creative types happily sticking away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Making Letter Holders (a project from my new book) at the Hello Sandwich mt workshop.

Photobucket

Photobucket

How adorable is the little bubba on her mums back!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such a lovely, creative and inspiring time! I can't wait to get back to Shikoku! Thank you mt!

mt also took me for a private tour of the factory in nearby Kurashiki. I'll post the photos soon!

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo

P.S. There are some signed copies of my book at Shimokitazawa Village Vanguard if you are so inclined!

xoxo



10 comments:

  1. that stripey van is the neatest thing! and very cool studio. i seriously need to attend a workshop lol but sigh if only i lived in japan, i'm stuck in the US haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your new book! Looking forward to seeing the MT factory pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the coolest; oh how i wish i could have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog and LOVE it, so lovely photos !!! Greetings from France, Britta

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am speechless with jealousy...i want to jump into my screen and be in those photos right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun at the workshop! Thank you again for the creative session! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of covering a glass bottle in tape! That would make a great vase, or of course a trendy water bottle to carry around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to go to Japan!! I topped the year for Japanese so I can speak a bit of their language. I love the tape!!! To cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so amazing. What a dream it would be to participate! So much colour and creativity! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete