Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tokyo Art Book Fair 2014

 photo DSCF0115_zpse7b3e8de.jpg

Sandwiches! It's Tokyo Art Book Fair time again! I'm soooooo sad I had to cancel my booth because I was too busy to make a zine while I'm making my new book. SUCH. A. SHAME! I love this event so much!

BUT! I at least managed to escape my HS HQ to attend the opening party. If you're in Tokyo this weekend, I highly recommend checking it out.

 photo DSCF0130_zpsee64e158.jpg

 photo DSCF0116_zps92b09c12.jpg

 photo DSCF0118_zps1b759243.jpg

 photo DSCF0120_zps3c363f9e.jpg

 photo DSCF0131_zpsb76a05d0.jpg

 photo DSCF0128_zpsc420bdd4.jpg

 photo DSCF0132_zpse7a6b1ce.jpg

Bento Box Only bins! Only in Japan!

 photo DSCF0138_zpsdf2db994.jpg

Super cute typography. Love the differences in kerning! Ha

 photo DSCF0142_zpsfc90aaf0.jpg

Cutest standing bar ever. Stacks of blank books and stacks of sheets of paper as the bar counter.

 photo DSCF0146_zps27dc68c0.jpg

Cutest friends ever. I mean - OMG!

 photo DSCF0153_zps267440a8.jpg

Gracie and her zine poster! Check her booth out! Be sure to say 'SAKSUMAN' to get a free postcard with her poster zine! Booth B35.

 photo DSCF0159_zps2fd71dca.jpg

So incredibly happy to be able to have enjoyed tonight with these cuties!

 photo DSCF0155_zps1c6e922c.jpg

It's the first time I haven't had a booth at the Tokyo Art Book Fair in five years.

You can see previous years here, here and here.

I should really start working on my zine for 2015 now!

Love Love
Hello Sandwich
xoxo


6 comments:

  1. I went to Tokyo Design Festa 2013 and it felt endless! This looks so much more cosier and friendly somehow :)

    // Emelie (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that I love your blog! the photos are so beautiful and I love the way everything is set out. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ebony,

    Your blog is so addictive. I can't get enough of seeing those beautiful and nostalgic pictures of Tokyo here. You are so lucky to be able to live in Tokyo. And you are so talented too. From the pictures you share, I saw so many retro spots in Tokyo. Do most parts of Tokyo have retro and nostalgic ambiance?
    Anyway I feel so lucky myself to find this wonderful blog. Great Job, Ebony!
    I wish one day I could visit Tokyo and spend some time there.

    -Yenni, Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was in Tokyo, just for the stationary. Lovely!

    www.yaseming.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Japanese graphic design is always super inspiring. Thank you for such lovely posts! :)

    ReplyDelete